What a great Festival we had this year! I am very proud of all the students who worked hard to participate the event. Also, I personally thank all the family members who help and support our young musicians to experience their best at this Festival. Now, let me introduce you two beneficial programs they can move on after the Festival.
1. NFMC Federation Cup Program
* The NFMC Federation Cup Program offers additional incentive to all entrants in the NFMC Festivals Program. The NFMC Federation Cups are awarded on a point system based on the Area Festival ratings. Participation is optional and the fee is to be paid on an annual basis.
* For each Superior rate, the students get 5 points in Piano Solo Event; Excellent – 4 points; Satisfactory – 3 points and so forth. When they accumulate enough points, they will be rewarded with different cups.
* NFMC Federation Cup Awards Chart:
First — Cup 6″ cup — 15 points
Second — Cup 8″ cup — 30 points
Third Cup — 10″ cup — 45 points
Fourth Cup — 12″ cup — 60 points
Grand Cup — 14″ cup — 75 points
President’s Cup — 15″ cup — 90 points
* Cup fees must be paid on an annual basis. Fees are $4.00 for each regular cup event, except for Senior Concerto, which is $4.50.
* The teachers are responsible for the application. If you want to enter the program, please let me know by Feb. 20 Monday. I need to send the application to the District on Feb. 21 postmarked.
* For more information, check this page;
2. FFMC Junior Convention
*The Florida Junior State Convention is a Florida Federation of Music Clubs event held annually following the Area Festivals. It is a competitive event with winner and honorable mention awards possible in each event. Entrants who have not reached 19 years of age as of the date of their Area Festival and who have received a Superior rating in an event at the Area Festivals are eligible to attend the State Competition in that event. Teachers and Counselors must send applications and fees for the Junior State Convention by the published deadline date.
* Dates, Hours & Location: Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6, 2017 / 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day (approx.) / 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville
* The student will play his/her required piece only which prepared for the Festival.
* If you are interested in participating the convention event, please let me know asap. (before Feb. 25th) Sooner is better, since we need to polish the performance for the state competition. Also, there are some papers to go over and fill out.
* For more information, check this page: